Monday, November 10, 2008

Courage

Watched Suziblu today and got inspired to work on a painting (which is a nice change from all the sewing I've been doing). Problem is, is that it's about 30 degrees here, which makes for chilly outside spraypainting. Also takes longer for the stuff to dry. I'd die without gloss finish, though, so it's worth it. Suzi's project for this week was saying "YES" to something in your life. I've decided to say "YES" to courage. I found a photo of a lion on the internet, sketched it out in Sharpies on canvas, added some oil pastels (and melted them down with the iron). Threw on a coat of Clear Crystal, and am now waiting for it to dry. Adding in the word "courage" to it, a little sparkle/glitter, then another coat of Clear Crystal. I haven't drawn in ages, so it feels pretty good to think that I still can. Hence the title/theme of courage. I'm kind of like the Cowardly Lion from The Wizard of Oz. A pussycat that needs to find her ROAR. I know I have it in me, I just need to let it out.

1 comment:

suzi blu said...

RAWRRRRR!
Thats funny, you want to paint and I want to sew. Really I want to decorate the clothes I have and make them more interesting but I dont have time. I hate that.

xxx