Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Is Having Coleslaw for Breakfast Wrong?

We were out of milk for cereal, and I wasn't about to cook up an egg (or anything else). I poked my head in the fridge and saw the slaw I had made the other day. Since it is vinegar based (as compared to mayo), I looked at it as my first serving of veggies for the day and rather healthy. Either way, it's much better than skipping breakfast altogether!

The past 2 days have been about purging and decluttering. I decided that those two steps were the best start for me to keeping a clean house. My biggest concern is keeping my hub, P on board. He calls ME a packrat (which I am/was), but I'm chucking things left and right, and when I ask him about something of his that hasn't been touched in years, it can't go. Gar. Don't get me started on his huge Rubbermaid box of rock t-shirts that are second only to the Holy Grail. I've asked him several times if I can take them and make a quilt out of them for him, to no avail. So, these paperthin, unwearable t-shirts sit in a huge box. All I can do is breathe. The coffee table is nearly cleaned of clutter. I went through some books and earned $11.00 from taking them to Half Price Books. I decluttered the shelving unit by the door and the crap basket that's on top of it. That shelving unit will prolly go curbside next week, as it's very old, kinda falling apart, and really scrappy looking. Today, I'm trying to make a curtian for the 6 foot tall unit that holds all of our DVDs. At least it would hide the DVDs and make for a neater looking room. I cleaned out my horrid horrid desk drawer. Today I tackle the top of the desk.

List of things today:
*Dishes - via flylady, tonight and every night
*Swish and Swipe - via flylady, every morning
*Make curtain
*Clean top of desk
*Resumes out
*If I still have the energy, tackle the corner by the desk (another nightmare) - Yep, that's the super scary BEFORE picture!





*Knit during prime time or work on ATCs that have to go out tomorrow
*Throw Potroast together for dinner into crockpot

Yikes - go me!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Man! I love reading your blog but your industrious lists put me to shame! My list would look like:

* try to get out of bed before noon.
* think about maybe working on resume.
* eat something for dinner (other than a glass of milk).

:)