Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Not The BEST Day...

So, I had total plans today to hit the road and go fill out a job application today for something that seemed fun. I got fussed up and poked my head outside to check the weather. I was nearly blinded, and not in a "golly, it's really sunny out today" sort of way. I mean it was BRIGHT and it hurt and things were fuzzy. This has been coming on gradually for a month, and I had no idea it was this bad. I have to turn down the brightness on the puter to read it, and dim lighting is best for me now. If I drive at night, I see halos around street lights and car headlights. So, I called my clinic.

Talked to a nurse for a while, and she told me they didn't really have the equipment to do a real checkup on my eyes. Basically, she told me to hit Urgent Care as soon as I can tomorrow (and since the hub and I are unemployed, talk to a Social Services Worker re: payment). This, my friends is really scary. I'd rather be deaf than blind (not to belittle either, but my painting and sewing are everything to me).

So, guess what I'm doing tomorrow?

Well, at least I can still paint and sew for now... Let's hope its something dumb that eyedrops can fix, and not something scary like, oh, cataracts or anything!

1 comment:

melissa said...

That sucks! I hope it's nothing serious.

I used an Urgent Care here in Utah and they had a financial aid kind of help. I paid $20 and then had 10 days to return the paperwork showing how much of a broke ass I was so I wouldn't get billed in full. I got approved and didn't have to pay any more for the visit. I hope that is similar for you as well.