Tuesday, March 24, 2009

DUCKS - GET BACK HERE DUCKS, YOU ARE NOT IN A ROW!

Holy Cats. My "little ole benefit" for Hank just keeps getting HUGER - and I don't care if that's a word or not, cause that's what's happening.

I was thinking 3 bands, a few silent auction items, maybe get the $800 that he needs. Er. Whoa. (someone has already promised to mail a $500 money order)

Looking at 5 bands now, a kissing booth, grilling out, a huge silent auction AND a raffle for a great piece being made just for the occasion. I have to make signs, make donation containers, make sure there is lipstick for the kissing booth, make sign up sheets for the auction, decide what bands play when... Maybe I should become an official party planner (and of course wedding officiant)! Hank also wants to give me the, er, leftovers, from past legs to paint up and out of the hardware I was thinking of making necklaces. WEAR A PIECE OF HANK. I know I'm going to cry over this. Seriously. The facebook page that I made on Friday is already at 150 ppl. I spend about 2 hours a day answering questions and trying to get everything together. I'm NOT complaining, but just so freaking happy and astounded at the response.

Talked to Hank today, and I while I think he kind of gets the whole idea of it, it hasn't really sunk in that we are going to be able to probably make the whole payment for it. Not the 1/2 downpayment, but all of it.

Whoever said punk rock is dead needs a smack on the side of the head. Off to work on the press relase to send to the newspapers...

2 comments:

ladyjanewriter said...

OK, so this benefit? SO seriously needs to go on your resume, somehow. Or, next gig, when people ask about great stuff you did? Mention this.

C'mon ducks...*wack wack wack wack phhht*

Holy crap, I didn't know ducks could give you the raspberry? ;-)

knittykat said...

It's called "events planning" and yes, it is a marketable skill!