Monday, March 30, 2009

Random

First off, a big THANK YOU shout out to Miss LadyJane for posting her tutorial on making ruffles! I'm deconstructing a turtleneck sweater to make into a shrug for spring/summer and working in an office setting. I've also been taking pictures of my progress to post online once I'm done, so if anyone is so inclined to make one for themselves, they can.

My pre-job plans have gone slightly awry. I ended up yesterday starting to put all my work clothes together and today is the body spring cleaning. Oh, to have a bottle of wine while I do it... It's the little things like that that you miss when you are broke!

I'm pretty calm about it, all things considered. The worst part is my eyesight - they just aren't getting better. I'm constantly messing with the contrast and brightness buttons on the screen of the puter and still am looking at the world through fog lenses. Trying to describe it is hard. Maybe it's like someone rubbed Vaseline on my eyeballs. Remember the tv show "Moonlighting"? They used some cheesecloth over the camera lense to make Cybil Shepard look younger and give her a glowy effect. I can't find a decent still from the show as an example. They keep telling me different things everytime I see (haha) the doctor. All I know is that it's a pretty helpless feeling.

Okay, the other day I signed up for the Merriam-Webster's Lerner's Word of the Day. Hrm. Not learning so much. Originally, I was thrilled and excited and considered using the word of the day in my blog as a challenge. I'm no rocket scientist by any means, but most 10th graders know the words they have been sending me. So far I've gotten: dicker, levitate, and pudgy. So, now I'm dickering with my pudgy cat (who just happens to be levitating in the corner) over whether I should cancel my Word of the Day membership. I'll give it another few days.

Off to do the dishes and figure out what to do with the chicken breasts I'm defrosting.

1 comment:

ladyjanewriter said...

Yay, thanks for the shout-out (er, how do you put text in links on blogger? I is stoopid with that...).

Boo for blurry eyeballs.

Yay for Pudgy Levitating Cat! :0)

Yay for first day tomorrow - call/text if you need anything.