Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Learner's Can Take the Old Heave HO

Learner's Word of the Day: Prank

When I read today's Word of the Day, I thought it was a prank because it was so lame. Who does these? I'm calling bullshit on Learner's and have dumped it. I now subscribe to A.Word.A.Day which turns out to be much better and doesn't have 5th grade reading level words like prank, for heaven's sake...

On that note, I'm very much challenged by today's word from A.Word.A.Day: Acarpous

When I look upon the snow cleared front lawn every early spring, I'm always astounded as to how acarpous it looks. Wow. A word where I actually had to think about how to put in a sentence! The joy!

Another good day at work, but I underestimated to cold and didn't bring a hat or gloves. FREEZING. Today sat with C, who at first came off a little standoffish, but we warmed up to each other really fast. I really like her. It's crazy how everyone is nice and friendly.

P and I had planned to pull an April Fool's joke on our friend Fred today which included his bicycle and a lot of shrinkwrap, but because I had to work, no one was around to be the distraction. Oh well, next year maybe? I was unscathed by any prank today, short of the damn SNOW. Mother Nature really pulled a fast one today. NOT FUNNY. Other than that, now that I'm working again, I have less and less to report. Kind of sad. But who am I to complain about having a JOB finally???

3 comments:

ladyjanewriter said...

Well, you can always have the "backup" hat n gloves at the office, once you have enough dinero? Plus, places like Walgreen's were selling them cheap for the end-of-season sales. :-)

lv2scpbk said...

Off Topic on your post. But, How you doing on your cleaning/declutter challenge?

Adie Kay said...

Fair to partly, lv2scpbk. Once I found out I was going to be employed again, my life took a loop-d-loop and I had to concentrate on other things. Now that I have company coming if a few weeks, I really have to set time frames and get the ducks back in a row. Thank you for asking!!!