Sunday, May 24, 2009

David's Service





Was lovely yesterday. His sister Bonnie spoke for a while, then his mom. A co-worker also jumped up and said a few words. It was very informal and I guess as happy as a service can be. There was laughter and more than a few tears. Afterwards, we all went down to Grump's. What really was lovely was how his sister Bonnie touched on the idea of Grumpy's being his other family. We spent some time talking to them and Patrick volunteered us to help finish cleaning out David's apartment tomorrow. I guess David was more of a packrat than I realized. Good way to spend Memorial Day (no, I do mean that sincerely). Our friend Vince, who is on the board of the local Hotdish Revolution Contest held every year, came up with a great idea. David had won the competition 3 times, so he was thinking of having a "Flesland" award. I thought it was a great honor. Patrick promised that he would create the dish that David wanted to make for this year's competition, but couldn't as he was too busy. I'm not spilling the beans on the idea, but it's freaking brilliant. Vince is going to help with the cleaning, then we're going to bbq here. I bought a big hunk o cow today, some beefsteak tomatos, portobello mushrooms to grill and stuff to make a salad with. We have chips and salsa, so good there. Should be fine.

Tuesday I have off also, to go see Souther Culture on the Skids! I'm so excited! Bringing my girlfriend Chrissy to get "Liquored Up and Laquored Down". Really looking forward to seeing Mary Huff again. My rock idol. Smart, Sassy, AND Gorgeous. I made a skirt for the gig out of old SCOTS tank tops, am wearing my high heeled granny boots and a black tank top. May or may not wear wig. We'll see. Will def take picture of my outfit. Then it's back to refi at WF. Gar.

No comments: