Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Out Damn Stress!



I refuse to get stressed out about how clean the apt is for LJW's visit. It sure as hell will NOT be anywhere near perfect (in any way shape or form). So there. I may just have to hold off on that load of laundry until she gets here on Friday. Pish. What needs to be done is a few days off in a row where I can battle the mess. I was fine over my unemployement days, but everything went to hell in a handbasket when I started working again. I'm still blaming the hours. I don't feel motivated to clean before work, and after work, it's 10 pm and feels stupid to clean at that hour. I'm still adjusting. LJW, I know out of all my friends, I am the least embarassed to have you see this disaster. So there. I'll do what I can and stop freaking out about it.

This morning I DO have to hammer nails into my art for hanging at AAW. I only painted 3 pieces (which I am very proud of) and then have to drop them off at the bar after work. I will do the dishes. There is food. No one will starve over the weekend. The toilet shall be clean and there will be clean towels. If clothes and random crap are everywhere, so be it.

Beginning to feel comfortable at my job. Still having trouble understanding the HARP program (Making Homes Affordable) that the government is doing. It's really detail orientaited and there are a lot of restrictions. Other than that, I now know more than I ever wanted to know about points, buying up and buying down, interest rates, etc. My job makes me want to NEVER buy a house. Even more worries than just payments! Then there's "Holy shit, what if I need a new roof?" or "The hot water heater just blew and we need a zillion dollars to buy a new one!". Not to mention worrying about mowing the lawn. I have enough on my plate, thank you very much.

Good news is they are kind of taking back their forcast for rain on Saturday! Whee! Friday should still be a little yuck, but that's settling in day. Saturday and Sunday are the important ones. I have nothing planned for Sunday for us, so it's pretty open. I'm thinking another trip to the giant SalArm? Should we try and go out dancing on Saturday night? I need to stop making plans and just let the weekend go as it may. Pish again.

1 comment:

ladyjanewriter said...

Let's Roll With It! Seriously, some of the best times Knitty and Maggie and I have had is when we miss a turn and end up at the wrong place, or we just wing it.

Besides, you've seen the scary scary place that is my kitchen.

SalArm - I won't be buying a ton of stuff b/c I have to move and want to sell shit. If I can score more xl and xxl target tees, I would be a happy broad. :0)

I'm tweaking, too. I think some laundry will be in a lump for when I get back, meself.

SQUEE!