Friday, January 29, 2010

Ouch!


Well, I went down to The Ink Lab on Wednesday and got it done! What I love most about going to see David Dettloff is that all I have to do is try and (lamely) explain what I want, and he comes up with something even better than what I see in my head! All I asked for was "Er, a little something like this DVD cover, but not Edward's face or body, replace the butterfly with a ball of yarn...?" I walk in and it's perfect. What was the worst part was all the black work. Sitting through the little one needle detailing was fine, but that 5 needle scrape scrape scrape over and over and over to get the black just RIGHT...! 3/4 of the way through, I wasn't sure if I wanted to punch David or myself. Before either of us got married, we hung out a lot. I miss that bastard. He's done about 95% of my work, and as much as it pains me to stroke his already overinflated ego, he's brilliant and gifted. Jerk.

I've decided to hit Chicago next month. Maybe late next month, when it starts warming up. I need my LJ/Knitty/Maggiepants fix! It's been waaaaaaay too long. I just hate travelling when it's cold. Oh, and I'd better sign up again for AAA. Better safe than sorry and all that. Unless I fly down. Hrm. That could be an option. I'll have to check rates. And see what's going on in the rockabilly and SM scenes down there. Maybe I can squeeze in a show. Now I have to contact Ms. Kiss to see what's coming up and plan around that!

Joined a gym this week too. Let's hope that after my orientation tomorrow I'm still as stoked. Really want to get rid of the middle softness. And one of the girls I work with belongs to the same one, so we can motivate each other. Apparently, K doesn't go like she should, so we're going to force each other before work.

Today, make grocery store list (go tomorrow after orientation), and then staff meeting Across The Street before work. Considering the hour right now, a nap is probably in order, too. I'd hit the store today, but I'm feeling really really lazy right now.

No comments: