Sunday, August 24, 2008

State Fair, 2008

Sorry about the awful picture. Mr. Rocket can't take a picture to save his life. This is me and Moonunit at the Fair! It was a completely random bump in - and if you know anything about the MN State Fair, you KNOW it is HUGE.

Time for my yearly food updates. I didn't have a heck of a lot of time to eat nearly enough on Friday, but I'll be going back to spend the entire day feeding my face!

Beef/Wild Rice Corndog: I tried this 2 years ago, but thought I'd give it another chance. Still rather dull, and I'd rather eat a regular corn dog. Too chewy.

Fresh Corn: Sweet. Buttery. Didn't need salt. Corn perfection!

Dole Whip in Raspberry: Don't know what kind of creamy cold goodness this was, but it was lovely!

Chocolate Covered Bacon (Famous Dave's): Oh. My. Gawd. Ate 2 pieces, and that was all I could stomach. It was wonderful, but after all the above food, I was a little stuffed. Must remember to share food next time, so I can taste a little of everything that I can!

Also went to see Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings. Amazing. One of the best shows I've seen all year!

No comments: