Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Second State Fair Visit

Well, this one was even better than the first, as I got to see a lot more things than just one band. And anyone who has ever been to the MN State Fair knows that there are a zillion things to see. Unfortunately, I DID miss all the crap that they sell in the Grandstand. Prolly a good thing.
Kari and I had to hit the usual Spam Curds stand, as always!


Couldn't resist a shot of the super fabulous Kitty Tea Party in the Creative Arts Building!


This is my buddy Pete from his band The Twistin Tarantulas. I can't even remember the last time I saw him, much less have time to chat and catch up. I knew from their MySpace page that he had gotten engaged, but it seems that he and his fiance did the deed 4 weeks ago! Congratulations!

Annual Food Rundown:
Spam Curds: Seemed a little extra salty this year, but I'm sorry, you can't go wrong. Excellent for sharing.
Espresso Roasted Almonds: Nom. Nomnomnomnomnom.
Fried Green Tomatos: Oh. Yeah. I always forget how much I love those.
Cheese on a Stick: Molten American Cheese, battered and deep fried with mustard. Doesn't really get much yummier than that.
Schell's Oktoberfest Beer: Always a winner - locally brewed, one of my faves.
Hotdish on a Stick: Only had a nibble of Kari's, but always good!
Fresh Strawberries with Cream: REAL CREAM, none of that Redi-Whip crap. Gooey fresh goodness.

IMHO, 10 days is NOT long enough for the Fair. I'm writing my congressperson and insisting it go for the entire month of August...

No comments: