Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Up @ 5:30 am

My usual wake up time is 7:30 am. Today, 5:30, SNAP, BANG, I'm wide awake. Nothing new job-wise is posted on craigslist yet, so here I am, trolling the internet.

Last night I worked on a painting in watercolor for my girlfriend Kathy. I hadn't dealt with watercolors in forever, so it was fun. Going out in the mail today. Of course I was dumb enough to not take a picture. No matter, as the batteries in the camera are dead.

The living room that I so painstakingly decluttered is already becoming cluttered again. Must chat w/P regarding leaving his socks out. Ew.

Seems that S*d (my last job that I was "laid off" from) is now officially shut down. I'm not surprised, but to be honest, saddened. I never felt like I fit in there or welcome at all, but I cared about the place, and in the short 6 months I worked there, made 2 amazing friends. Speaking of jobs - still no bites yet. I'm going insane!!!! I miss getting out of the house and the feeling of purpose. I've always loved working - especially waitressing. The interaction with people, serving food that makes them happy, a little brass in pocket. Just keeping fingers crossed. Going back to a day job of sitting in an office would be nice too - regular schedule, weekends off, prime time tv, and most wonderful - holiday free! After 20 years of working in the industry, I have no problem working holidays, but I do draw the line at St. Patrick's Day and New Year's Eve. "Amatuer Nights" they are called in the biz. It's just awful. If I do ever wait/bartend again, I refuse to work St. Paddy's. I can tolerate (barely) NYE, but St. Paddy's is just silly.

"Put value on yourself" Bill Cosby

2 comments:

ladyjanewriter said...

Bummer about S*d. :-( I know it didn't work out for you, but they seemed like really nice people. Great concept, bad location, bad economy, how sad.

lv2scpbk said...

I was just stopping in to see how your doing on the spring cleaning/decluttering challenge. Stop by my blog when you have a chance.