Monday, February 23, 2009

Sigh

Well, after P and I hit the jewelry place to see what we could get, we walked away with almost $200. Not the motherload we were hoping for. My $1,000 wedding ring from my first wedding was priced at $78. I kept it. It's worth more to me in sentimental value (okay, after the divorce, I put black diamonds in it and it's awesome). I would have let it go for $500. Oh well.

Still job hunting to no avail. I've moved beyond scared to terrified. There is the last resort of moving in with P's folks in 'Sconnie, but I really don't want that to happen.

I am still doing the zazen and painting and doing whatever I can to keep my self sane during this rough time. I get up every morning at 7:30 am and work the net job hunting. I chat with my girlfriends for ideas and hope and inspiration. I drink coffee and watch the news (halfway, it's rather depressing), The View, and Ellen (omg, I love her and she always makes me laugh). It's just so hard to keep up the faith. But if I don't, who will?

Keep on keeping on!

1 comment:

ladyjanewriter said...

$78??!! Oh, suck.

Oh, well, at least you get to keep that totem of power in your life.