Monday, June 29, 2009

I Know This Much Is True...

This is pretty much how my friends have made me feel the past few days. That song is dedicated to everyone helping me. Really.

Honestly, I was in a really dark spot when I left Glitter. P had lost his job, I lost mine, and I can't see for shit. But with EyeballPalooza, Faith has been restored to me. I also (a sign maybe?) got the charms from the Woo Woo Swap, and I'm going to do my best to make them into a prayer/meditation charm link before my surgery to take with me.

Things had taken such a bad dump all this year since I got laid off/canned/the place locked their doors in early January. We were both unemployed until March. Things seemed to be looking up. Catching up on bills, etc. Actually one of my friends who I was talking to yesterday told me "it takes a month to fall behind and a year to catch up from that one month". No Kidding.

I just have to bend and accept all the kindness I've been given lately. It's hard for me, as LJW has always (and Knitty too) told me that I'm too much of a giver. But I was raised to be a caregiver. My dad and my brother. My mom taught me to be strong and not to rely on others. If it's this hard for me, what was it like for her?

1 comment:

ladyjanewriter said...

*happy tears*

Just remember, this gives me a chance to feel strong, too. Somehow, when the universe treats me crappy, I roll over and play dead. Because, well, who cares? It's Just Me, and I'll be fine, I think.

This time, I'm sorry, but I took it personal!!!

I'm so so grateful for Ms. Tit for all her help. I could NOT have even begun to start this without her hitting the ground running and seeing the concept so quickly. Hell, I can't even fucking POST at G* anymore. I swear to god it took maybe 3 or 5 e-mails back and forth before she took the torch and ran with it. Hell, she ran with it, swam with it, and played Dance Dance Revolution with it!


I should probably make her a card or an ATC or something when this is done.