Sunday, June 14, 2009

Life as it were....

Still slapping on that happy face.

Lee Rocker will be here on the 27th. This is good. I love this man. I can't wait to see him! Everyone had a fave Stray Cat, but mine was always Lee, not the obvious Brian Setzer.

Lee has told me that Bulletproof was inspired by my chest ink, but I think he's just being nice.

P got laid off on Friday. That's all I have to say about that.

I didn't go to the Keelhaul show, as I was tuckered. A quiet night in watching
Dexter was more up my alley. LMAO right now, as when I posted the link, I started hearing the theme song. Thought it was in my head, but the site plays it. I'm going insane, I tell you...

I was thinking about how WF pushes volunteering. Then I got into a big deep thought about the difference between volunteering in your neighborhood vs. a BIG CAUSE. I've done both. I'm on the side of hood, because I can witness the difference it makes, and who knows what the ppl behind THE BIG CAUSE are doing with the money. I've spent $150 on a seat at a benefit with all the bells and whistles, rubber chicken, big showboating. Where did the $150 go? I spent more than a few hours working my ass off for Hank's new leg and knew exactly where the money went. That felt better. And I didn't have to eat rubber chicken. I got a damn good burger. Therefore, I hearby declare my love for personal involvement. Don't ask me for cash because you are "walking" for something. Let me get my hands dirty and actually DO something. I'd much rather do that.

Maybe it's the Obama book that LJ gave me that's making me have all these thoughts. I'm taking my time with it, rather than speeding through, as it's great.

Went to Crafty Planet yesterday for fabric samples. The ones they don't choose (or whatever), I'll ship off to AJ for quilting scraps. Or maybe I'll keep them for whatever. I'm very excited to make aprons for my friends restaurant, and maybe that'll be good promotion. Who knows. I'm just trying to take everything one day at a time now. And the super awesome superhero custom capes for kids. I'm still mad at myself for not getting photos. I'll make a few more for friends and send them out AND TAKE PHOTOS. Really, girl, screw your head on right. Let's see, Frankie needs one, Maggiepants does, and maybe my girl Dez's kids need some. The design possiblites are endless.

No comments: