Thursday, September 17, 2009

Eff Jinxing

I'm over it. I have decided by trying so hard to not jinx a job, I'm jinxing myself out of it. I have also taken the entire week off from job hunting, as my new theory is that I'm so crazy busy applying for jobs, that I'm not focusing positive vibes on getting jobs that I really want. So, all week, I have decided to put my eggs in one basket and hope to hell that I don't drop the damn thing.

1. I have an interview tomorrow to work in a doggie food place. This means that I would work in the warehouse and helping bake doggie treats. Physical labor sounds GREAT after a summer of sitting on my backside. My girlfriend Laura works there and put in a good word for me. I will get this job (positive thinking).

2. Looks like The Anchor Fish and Chips will be opening in 2 weeks. While I have been "hired" as a waitress, I'm second tier, which means that if they need more ppl than their core staff, I'm next in line. IMHO, 4 servers is NOT enough to run a restaurant 6 days a week, even if they don't open until 4 p.m. Srsly. So, there is another egg. The dry run is next week and I'm going to that (hopefully there will be FOOD also - I'm so excited for their menu!!!).

3. The last egg is pretty awesome. My friend Skilly is a waitress Across The Street and when I brought in fresh out of the damn oven rhubarb muffins for her and Erich, she mentioned that she hasn't been on a real vacation in 5 years and was taking one come hell or high water. Problem is, is that they don't have enough servers to cover her shifts. Today she is talking to the boss about me picking up her shifts! I don't see any reason why he would say "bad idea". Esp since I give him cookies.

4. Girlfriend Laura who works at the doggie food place also asked me if I want to do a showing at her little gallery. I started working on the paintings yesterday. Considering next month is October, I'm going with a Day of the Dead theme.

So, there you have it. I'm willing to work 7 days a week and double shifts to get back on the financial money track. Let's get this shit going!

2 comments:

ladyjanewriter said...

Your baking business is henceforth called, "Fresh Out Of The Damn Oven." IT'S PERFECT.

ladyjanewriter said...

Or: Eat My Muffin (Fresh Outa The Damn Oven!)