Sunday, November 22, 2009



Hooray! Look at meeeeeeee! I'm hanging out with Jenny Hart of Sublime Stitching! Actually, it was more of a stalking thing that night, as she was busy, and I stood around and watched her be a rock star and sign autographs. We did take a few "time outs" to chat. It was probably the highlight of my dismal year. Not to gush, because there were a lot of other really cool things that happened this year (Art a Whirl with LJ, getting a job I love, etc), it was just terribly exciting to meet her in person. We've been chatty on the crafty website that I hang out on, but to be able to actually reach out and poke her in the shoulder and think "wow, you ARE real and awesome and amazing" was pretty cool. Kind of like the first time I met LJ and Knitty. So there.

On a downer note, my mom is in the hospital (LJ, is this just weird or what? Our moms not doing so hot). Don't think it's a huge deal, but a PITA, as Thanksgiving is coming up. Well, THAT sounded bitchy. Not that Mom is in charge of making me a ton of food and all (we went out last year to Nye's and it rocked), but what I mean is that it's just not fair that she got ill around the holiday. AND just after my bro got out of the hospital. WHY IS IT that I'm probably the most unhealthy person in my family and over all these years, all I've had to deal with is an appendix removal in 1989 and my cataracts this year. Oh, and the breast tumor thing in 1988. But still...NOT FAIR. Really.

I've been having the best time working on my SSnowflake package, but just concerned that it may not be up to par due to all the BS. When mom gets sick, she gets SICK and needs help. Or maybe I like to think that, as I like hanging out at her place and "helping". My "helping" usually means cleaning the cat box, fixing her dinner, and doing my laundry there and chilling out. It's like a mini vacation for me.

I need a nap.

1 comment:

ladyjanewriter said...

Oh, CRAP! Freaking Moms should not be freaking ill right now. Aaa! I donno what you work but shall leave voice mail now.