Saturday, December 12, 2009

"You Know, You Should..."



This was pretty much my morning, sans the black eye. Watch all of these little cartoons - they are brilliant. Woke up after going to bed at 3ish due to cats jumping on my head. I love P to death, but I can never get him to feed the monsters before he leaves for work. So, he leaves, they're all riled up, then want to eat. And there is no food in the bowl. I usually feed them before I go to bed, but with 3 of the critters, it doesn't always last 4 hours. Ergo, I'm up and will have to take a nap in a little bit.

My Snowflake got her package, and said she loves it! Yay! I was worried. To me, family shopping/gifting is easy, but there is such a high bar on G*.

On the job front...things are still great, but the honeymoon is OVER. We've been open for 2 1/2 months now, and already the "Well, you know, you should..." comments are starting. Here is a minor list of things we "should" do:

Knock out the wall and expand the restaurant
Be open for lunch
Carry merlot, as it goes better with fish
Change the name of the Shepard's Pie to Cottage Pie as we don't use pork in it
Deliver
Take reservations
Open before opening hours to let ppl in to have a beer while they wait (SERIOUSLY, I GOT THAT ONE YESTERDAY)

Don't get me started on the vegetarians. Please don't misinterpret that, I love v* food myself, but proper Irish FnC are fried in beef oil. And so are our chips. Which makes them so yummy!!! And we can't afford or have the space for a special fryer for just vegetable oil.

Oh, and one more crack about not having malt vinegar? Postal.

I love love love my job. But it never fails to amuse me how ppl think that they can make our restaurant "better" by taking their suggestions. Yep, there is usually a half hour to 45 min wait, especially on the weekends. We can only seat about 40 in the whole space. And your party of 12? Is probably going to have to wait a long time. :)

1 comment:

knittykat said...

Pardon please, but isn't merlot, um, RED wine, which isn't *supposed* to be served with fish?

I have to say I *personally* love a good hard merlot with a piece of fish, but also have to say I am *odd*.