Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Missions Accomplished

I'm so proud. P and I went to SuperTarget yesterday. OMG. Really. It's almost better than Salvation Army (but in a different way). It has a full grocery store, all the regular Target stuff, and an optic department. Therefore, in one fell swoop, we got the groceries, a few things for around the house, and I got "new" glasses on order. They are actually old frames that I love, but are being made into bifocals. I was rather overwhelmed by all this (says the girl that loves the Mall of America), and ended up forgetting a bunch of things on my list, but it went very well.

I was so happy that P went with. He hates shopping to no end, but he was a trooper. I warned him about me putzing, but he even hung out in the DVD section for 20 minutes while I searched for the new HP movie. And helped look. And this is after he went jeans shopping with me a few weeks ago at a real mall.

Went out to lunch with my girlfriends K and M on Monday. Super yum at Pop. It was amazing. Then the three of us went to Crafty Planet, as K is learning to knit and we hooked her up. I used my gift certificate from my girlfriend R there that she got for me after I was mugged. I have two girlfriends preggers, and need to work on baby bibs! And one is expecting TWINS. Egads.

K and I then went to SalArm and I scored 2 Converse dresses, a Converse vest, tights, and a pair of Converse black sparkle tennies for $35. NOT BAD.

It feels so good to be getting stuff done again. Joining swaps, returning monies owed, returning favors. Being able to actually get my hair done (okay, Jason gives me a deal, but whatever). I have a lot of more catching up to do, and all the work that I do at Anchor is worth it. As I am still lucky enough to love my job. My only complaint in life now is that I want to wear little sundresses and it's only 10 degrees here. That's not such a bad complaint.

Also excited to be saving to go to Chi next month. I need to visit my girls.

1 comment:

ladyjanewriter said...

Yeah!!! *pumps fist in air*