Friday, March 5, 2010

100 Days

It's supposed to be over 40 degrees for the first time in over 100 days,here in glorious MN. Freaking heat wave! I'm so excited, I could spit a rat!

Other news:
*Got tickets to
The Americana Showcase this Sunday. Did this without trying to get on the "pest list" (aka guest list). I'm very thrilled about it and will be wearing one of my new Salvation Army dresses.

*My cousin Maren, who I have not been in touch with in years, has offered up a used puter to me for free. All we have to do is drive up to Sauk Rapids and get it. That's only about an hour and a half away. Probably should buy her and the hub dinner too.

*I still don't have my new glasses. They were supposed to be in yesterday, but no luck. I'll be making a phone call today regarding this, as I want normal vision. Well, as normal vision as bifocals can offer you.

*Mildly dreading St. Patrick's Day at The Anchor. If Fridays during Lent are still this crazy, St. P's is going to be insane. Let's pray I'm waiting tables, says the lapsed Lutheran. Speaking of, I'm waiting tonight, so BRING IT ON!!!

Restaurant Rants:

1. Don't get upset with your hostess if she says "at least a 45 min wait" and you have to wait an hour. I said AT LEAST. And I have to try and seat a party of 11 in a place that only can seat 38. Hush. And if you leave, tell me, so I can take you off the list and not run around like a ninny looking for you. No offense to Ninnycat.

2. Never argue with your Irish boss about what day St. Paddy's falls on. You'll lose and look like a stupid German idiot. Which I am.

3. When your hostess says "I have a table for you, we just need to clean it off" means WAIT FOR THE TABLE TO BE CLEANED OFF. It does not mean sit down at the dirty table and let us clean around you.

4. Do NOT grab your hostess by the arm. Ever. Or your server, either. Really?

5. We are NOT expanding. Hush again. Stop asking that. We've only been open five months. First, where do you think we have the extra cash to do so, and why the heck would we anyhoo? It's fabulous, just the way it is. There will be no knocking down of walls and I won't seat you in the basement next to the chipper. Unless you want to be IN the chipper...

6. We have two booths. TWO. If you want one, be prepared to wait and if one clears out and there are ppl waiting ahead of you, they'll get it. Don't pull the princess card on the princess hostess.

AND most importantly:

7. Never ever ever piss off your hostess, server, or bartender. The hostess can drop you to the bottom of the list, your server can make your food take forever, and the bartender can cut you off. One would think that this would be common sense.

The above is just ranting. Trust me, I still love my job and will do until they throw me in the chipper!

No comments: