Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ah, My Eye Doctor Said "Yo Adrienne" Today


But I still adore him. Will let it slide because he is a snappy dresser. He had on a fabulous tie today.

Anyhoo, looks like things are coming along great. I'm very excited to get my next eye done on the 4th, but I want to make a few paintings this weekend that kind of express the duality of what I see before it's gone. It's kind of crazy, my eyesight now. Clarity on the left, and madness on the right. I feel like Two Face from Batman sometimes. But I get to wear makeup again in about 2 weeks! Mascara, here I come!

Been eating much better. Bean salads, roasted broccoli, chickpeas, salad salads, trying to get rid of bread (oh, but I love my bread). My girlfriend Alex just sent me a recipe for cream cheese sauce that I can use on pasta. If I use it on Whole Wheat Pasta with my roasted broccoli, does that make it okay? Gar. I love cream cheese. I really love it. Esp the chive onion Philly. NOM for cucumber/cream cheese sammaches. On pita or whole grain bread. Can that cancel out like Twinkies and Diet Coke? Oh, I miss the 80's sometimes....

Two, count them, TWO job interviews tomorrow! Both for pizza/italian places. Nice. Very very very (did I say very?) excited and nervous. Worried about the ink. Ppl get a little freaked out about it sometimes, but I don't regret them at all. Which makes it a strange barrier to overcome as I "don't look like" a girl that is overly tattooed. I don't have dreads, bizarre hair color (today), and dress pretty conservatively. Ask LJ. I'm really norm looking except for the ink and some of the homemade clothes! Okay, maybe the eyepatch throws ppl, but I only have to wear it one more day. Which breaks my heart a bit.

1 comment:

ladyjanewriter said...

OK, I just totally pictured you coming into the interviews in full pirate regalia and eyepatch and announcing "STAND AND DELIVER!"*


* Uh...don't actually do that. ;-) Hee. THO I KNOW WE'RE BOTH TEMPTED. Can I be one of The Ants?