Saturday, July 25, 2009

What Happens When A Pirate Forgets to Blog? She's TAAAAAAAAARRRRRRDY!


It's been way WAY too long since I've posted. Sorry, kids. Well, the first eyeball surgery went much better than expected. Swear to god, that I was terrified. Um, yeah, scalpel plus eyeball plus weird little plastic thing inserted into said eyeball equals OMG. The guy that inserted that IV catheter thingy into my hand was NOT GENTLE. This happened Tuesday and my hand still has a huge freaking bruise on it! Other than that, it went really well. I couldn't see the knife carving into my eye, all I could see were pretty colors. Before the whole shebang, I was lying in the cot/bed with the heart rate thing attached to my finger, the IV in, and a blood pressure cuff on. I watched my heart rate and did some breathing/meditation exercises and was able to lower it to below 70. Considering some of the anxiety that I was feeling, I was rather happy with that result.

My doctor was super nice and very reassuring. Next thing I knew, I was being steadied by a nurse at the door while the hub pulled around the car. Went home, and promptly zapped out on the couch for 4 hours. Got up, ate some food and zapped out again. Wednesday, I was pretty wiped out still, so took it easy. I had been able to remove the patch (with the gauze) before bed Tuesday night, but was so wonked that didn't really do anything other than put in my eyedrops. Wednesday was amazing though.

The colors are back. The glorious colors! BLUE! RED! GREEN! THE FREAKING SKY! The trees are detailed! I can recognize my neighbors by sight rather than voice!

My next eye shall be done on the 4th. I can't wait -

1 comment:

ladyjanewriter said...

Plastic thingy in the eye??? *shudder*

Yay, the colors maaan! :0) I'm so glad! Whew.