Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sticker Shock


OMG - my fucking eyedrops that I had to get today were nearly $200. I hope to GOD that I don't need to refill them, as that's about it for whatever was left of the generous donations from friends. Found out that my co-pay is also $200 for each eye. What would all this be WITHOUT insurance? I shudder to think.

Tuesday I went in for a weird little pre op thing. They did ultrasounds on my peepers! They numbed my eyes and put this weird cup with the laser thingy and rubbed it on my eyeballs. A very strange sensation. I guess it kind of gave me a bit of a "feel" for what happens Tuesday.

I found THIS great image that kind of explains what I've been seeing for the past few months:

The worst thing is not being able to read a book or do the crossword anymore. It's so FRUSTRATING! Don't get me started on not being able to use the sewing machine... I just want this over with!

1 comment:

ladyjanewriter said...

I guess I better go googly eye the last bit of panties I bought. SHEESH.