Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Can (mostly) See Clearly Now...

Both eyes done. I am getting tiny headaches, but The Good Doctor said that may happen, due to getting used to seeing light clearly again. It really is a "Wizard of Oz" type experience, like when Dorothy enters brightly colored Oz from grey Kansas. Yeah, Brad Warner talks about never gaining true "enlightenment", I challenge that. Just kidding! It's a completely different kind of enlightenment. I wish I could really explain the change. Maybe like seeing "Spiderman" on a 10 inch black and white TV, then watching it at IMAX in 3-D? My depth perception is still a titch off, but The Good Doctor said that will go away.

I drove again today, and that was exciting. No panic attacks or nothing scary. Even made myself drive on the freeway for a few miles. Did it in heels, too. Take that!

Last weeks job interviews went well. I didn't get Job 1 (which is fine, as much as I WANT to work, I want a job I'll enjoy, and this didn't "feel" right). Was supposed to have 2nd interview with Job 2 today, but the guy double booked, so I have to go out tomorrow again. Oh well, no biggie. It's not like I went in and they said "Oh, God! Thought we got rid of YOU!". I've been still looking online for stuff, but it seems to have dried up a bit. And my pride won't let me manage and Applebee's quite yet. Yet...

I still need to work on finishing up my Adventures in Cataracts zine that I think will be helpful to others. Also, have decided that this place WILL get clean. No matter what. Somehow. Because now I can REALLY see how awful it got to. Don't even ask.

My girlfriend Chrissy's birthday is today. I promised her I'd wear the eyepatch and dress as a pirate for her. I really don't know who else I'd do this for. Now I have to figure out if I have any piratey clothes. I'm thinking my shredded skirt, the bustier, boots, and something weird with the hair. Or just a fucking bandanna. Wish I still had that pretty pirate fluffy shirt from the early 90's... Oh well!

No comments: